[Rhodes22-list] Chainplate Problems

Ronald Lipton ronald.lipton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 19:15:34 EDT 2009

After a windy sail with my daughter this morning I noticed that the
starboard aft chainplate
is beginning to pull out of it's support.  The chainplate appears to have
pulled up
about 1/4" and pulled the cover and two screws out.  I did not have time to
look at
the problem in detail, we had to leave the boat fairly quickly.  I just
tried to tape it over enough to prevent further water infiltration.

Has anyone had a similar problem?  How are these chainplates attached to the
boat.  It
looks like I would have to cut through the cabin liner between the windows
to get to the
chainplate.  is that correct.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ron