[Rhodes22-list] HHN to Oxford Trip

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Mon Jul 27 17:54:54 EDT 2009

Rob:

The sketches and watercolors are mine.  I have been keeping a sketch journal
for about 17 years.  Each journal is a snall black bound book with blank
white bond paper for sketching and writing.  I have about 14 volumes so far
and its fun to look back over the years every so often to remember a
particular place or event.  I use my iphone camera to capture a jpg image
that I then crop and place into a word document and then pdf out the file.
I used to have time to paint and sell water color paintings but have
primarily kept my painting to the small sketch journal the past few years.
One of my goals for my R22 is to create more painting opportunities.  Hope
to post more paintings as time allows.

John:

I use my iphone camera to take pictures during my journey, then download
them to my computer and use a photo editor to crop and make adjusments.  I
then insert the images to a microsoft word document and format the photo to
allow text over the image and or to place text tight to the image, standard
options in word.  I then highlight text and chance the color, white over a
dark photo etc...  I am an architect and enjoy playing around with the
graphic illustrations.  I am surprissed at the quality of the iphone camera
images.  The iphone is a lot easier to handle on the boat and to have ready
for various photo opportunities.  I also use the iphone to get the local
radar map and NOAA weather report.