[Rhodes22-list] Rigging discussion, extra forestay(s)

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Jul 28 18:21:50 EDT 2009

Thanks Hank, that has just answered one nagging question, which was
what is the difference between a UPS and an APS.  Great page for
describing the APS and how it is handled.

If I understand correctly, you cannot fly the UPS and the jib at the
same time, unless on a dead run with both wung out on either side.
However, you could fly an APS and the jib if you manage their position
correctly so the jib doesn't blanket the APS, say on a broad reach...
yes?

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22