[Rhodes22-list] Yellowstone Lake, Jackson Lake Sailing

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 29 11:30:55 EDT 2009

Caesar,

How goes the sailing?  I have been told of the excellent sailing in the Wyoming area by a member of the Montgomery fleet, possibly not far from you at all.  Apparently Yellowstone Lake is excellent, with the only exception being a fixed bridge between the lake and marina.  The same skipper reported that Jackson Lake has no obstructions to contend with, and is much more favorable anyway, apparently even warm enough to swim in.  My Swedish cousins laugh at our caution about cold water and insist they usually break the Baltic ice to take a refreshing dip.

I am told the marinas on the south shore are impressive, and the only irritant is mosquitos in the shallow water areas of the lake.

Have you tried sailing here?  I camped there years ago, and it is awesome scenery.

Best to you,

Art