[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard and Sail Trim and Leeway

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 20:38:57 EDT 2009

Leland,

In your scenario it is not critical because you are trying to go to a point
the is more on a broad reach.  However, if you look at my version and
consider this scenario.

Here, we want to sail from A to C.  With the board down we can sail directly
there.  However, with the board up, we end up at B instead of C.  We then
need to tack and sail the extra distance.  The speed gained with the board
up does not make up for the extra distance we had to sail.

Hank