[Rhodes22-list] Re design of Rhodes Interior and elimination of compressi...

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Tue Jun 2 09:56:40 EDT 2009

Rummy,

 Glad to see you have a lake with water and a shinny new boat to play with
(nice color) hope the weather cooperates.
The loos gauge applies a transverse tension on the wire being tested. The
wire is pulled with a set amount of force and the amount of deflection is
measured on a scale which translates to lbs of force. I take the accuracy of
those numbers with a teaspoon of salt but to obtain the same number on all
four baby stays and the 2 side stays indicate balanced tension throughout
the rigging system. I order to get a consistent reading you must try to
measure each wire at the same point on its length as close to the center
point as can be safely reached by standing on the deck.

John Shulick