[Rhodes22-list] Steaming light plug

Ron Singerman sail at tds.net
Tue Jun 2 10:01:22 EDT 2009

Hey Rob,

It was great meeting you and your friend on your visit to Gulfport.  We're
back in NH and Serenity is parked in the driveway.  I'm trying to accomplish
all those boat tasks that I put off this winter because of the great sailing
in the Gulf. I'm following Don Casey's instructions as I am rebedding all my
chain plates and I finally got around to painting the shelves under the
galley. It only took a year since I built the shelves.  I moved the
transducer for the depth finder inside to the lazarette and epoxied it into
place yesterday. Today's project is to install a main battery switch.

Serenity only has two wires into the base of the mast and two wires up the
mast.  I guess I'm limited to only a steaming light.  With the cost of
marine wires I'll put this project off for sometime in the future.  I would
love to have an anchor light though. I'm having a problem justifying putting
Serenity into the lake this year since the cost of a mooring is greater than
my yearly fee for a slip in FL. Forget about the cost of a slip on Lake
Sunapee or Winnipesauke I just might work on her and forget about NH sailing
for this year. If you get back to FL in the Fall or Winter, get in touch and
we'll go sailing.

Fair winds,

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity