[Rhodes22-list] Outer shrouds

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Fri Jun 5 10:14:19 EDT 2009

Ron,
Got a picture? - Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Ron Singerman
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 7:58 AM
To: Rhodes list
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Outer shrouds

I am rebedding all my stays and have discovered that both my outer
shrouds (port and starboard) are movable fore and aft within the slot in
their deck once the existing sealant is removed. Upon  closer
inspection,  after I removed the trim plate inside the cabin to expose
the chain plate, showed that the chain plate is apparently secured in
only one place.  Should this bolt be tightened or left alone?  Thanks...

Fair winds and following seas,

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity