[Rhodes22-list] Through bolts for chain link and Fuel filter

Ron Singerman sail at tds.net
Fri Jun 12 20:50:40 EDT 2009

Art,

With respect to our conversation yesterday:  After I rebedded the port upper chane plate for the 2nd time there was still a leak after last nights rain.  With hose in hand I ruled out  the port light and the chain plate.  I then concentrated on the rub rail and I found the leak.  I removed the rub rail and discovered the tthrough hull bolts that connect with the chain plate as seen in my previous post(see att.). I removed these and rebedded them as well as adding more sealant to the deck to hull joint in this area.  I'll wait till tomorrow, keep my fingers crossed and give it the hose test again.

Ben,

I've installed an in-line fuel water seperator filter to help with the hygroscopic property of the ethanol in gas.  If you would like pictures, let me know.

Fair winds,

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity