[Rhodes22-list] too windy

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Mon Jun 22 10:44:46 EDT 2009

We had our floors redone, and the original plan for father's day was for me
to spend all day moving furniture back into the house.  It's been hovering
around 100 with little cloud cover for a couple of weeks.  This would have
been a miserable, miserable day.

The upside of slow contractors is that I got this day instead:

*  Start with an early morning sail.  Perfect breeze to fly through the chop
at hull speed.  Wind direction allowed me to go back and forth in parallel
with bridges, so only one change in sails required -- when turning around to
head back.

*  Late morning dockside swim and play with the kid.

*  Long nap through the heat of the day.

*  More play and swimming, and an evening kayak.

*  Steak dinner.

*  Bed.

Now, back to reality.

Ben