[Rhodes22-list] Thena -- I met one of your boys

Thena Carville thenacarville at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 24 23:40:57 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Ben Schultz
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:49 AM
To: 'The Rhodes 22 Email List'
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Thena -- I met one of your boys

Oh Thena, I almost forgot..

The admiral and I went into a nice wine and liquor store in Slidell on
Saturday afternoon to pick up a bottle of bourbon for my dad.  The place had
an area to one side with a bar where they serve drinks and appetizers.
Being undecided on which bourbon to order, we went to the bar and ordered a
couple of drinks.  We were the only ones in the bar, so we chatted with the
bartender for a little while.  Nice kid.  Didn't get his name, but it turns
out that he's one of your charges.  I'm not sure if he or if the admiral was
more surprised when I dropped his housemother's name.

He said that when they head out for the night, you tell them to do anything
they like, but "just don't become famous."  I like that.

Ben