[Rhodes22-list] Looking to purchase in the Southeast

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Thu Jun 25 11:03:23 EDT 2009

Rummy,
Brian Price had a boat at Lake Hartwell last year that he was trying to
sell.  Any idea if he still has it?  Might fit Eric's criteria. - rob

Eric,
I save all the "for sale" postings since I'm want to upgrade my boat,
probably next year.  Below is Brain's post from a year ago.  I have no
idea if he still has the boat. He was asking $4900 last year. - rob

1983 Rhodes 22 w/ trailer.  Interfurling mast main sail, furling 150%
Genoa.  Boat refurbished 1 year ago, inside & out with Interlux paints.
Deck painted w/Brightside, hull above water line is Perfection, hull
below water line has a barrier coat of Inter Protect 200E, top coat is
Micron Extra (ablative paint).  Standing rigging is thru bolted.  Galley
has sink w/ 15 gal. water tank.  15 hp Johnson outboard motor.  This is
a tandem axel trailer with no brakes. The trailer came from Florida,
which is where I bought the boat, the frame is fine, the wheel rims have
rust on them due to emersion in salt water, tires show signs of dry rot.
I pulled the boat from Fla. to NC in April '06 and from NC to SC in
March -07. Trailer lights work.  I have title to the boat but not the
trailer.

Specs:

LOA - 22'  LWL - 20'  Beam - 8'  Freeboard Avg. - 3'

Cockpit 7'-4" long, Pop Top - 6'-4"

Mast - 26'  boom 9'-6"  Spreader span - 6'  Number of stays - 9

Shoal draft keel, draws 20" w/ board up,  4' w/ board down

Displacement - 2,900 lbs.  Ballast - 700 lbs.

Sail Area:  IMF:  Main:100 Sq.' Genoa:150% Furling:  200 Sq.'

Boat is at Lake Hartwell in South Carolina at Western Carolina Sailing
Club.  828-230-7697.  scottage at bellsouth.net