[Rhodes22-list] Cowl Vent

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:14:24 EDT 2009

Folks;

My recycled Rhodes came with the neat cowl vent which I keep turned aft to
minimize spray and the occasional wave from inundating the bunk area. I keep
the anchor in its bow mount with the rode attached and threaded through the
vent attached to 150' of anchor line which is tied off to the convenient bit
located on the overhead just inside the opening. I never let the boat ride
at anchor with that bit as the attachment point as it would chaf and destroy
the cowl. I keep a second anchor in the lazarette attached to a spool of
another 150' of anchor line. Whatever else I do I am not running or drifting
this baby up on any rocks.  Maybe I need a third anchor.

Fair winds,

BenCittadino
s/v susan kay