[Rhodes22-list] Here is Doyle offer on UPS pricing

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Mar 2 10:57:39 EST 2009

Ron,
I have the spike on the end that goes into the eye on the bottom of the  175.
I use the catch to clamp it down in a lot of different places. I do have a
pad eye on the front of the mast, but have never used this location to lock it
down. I find the stays much more accessible from the cockpit and allow me to
try  different configurations. Besides, after a couple of rum and cokes, I
really  shouldn't be on the forward deck anyway. You are correct on your
assumption that  I have the 6 to 12. It wasn't extremely expensive and serves me well.
Should it  happen to break or go overboard, not much to replace it. I had a
larger and much  heavier one, but I found it to be to cumbersome and gave it to
a friend with a  much larger boat. The twist lock works fine. One of these
days I will find out  the best places to mount it and will use a marker to mark
the different lengths  so I don't have to guess how long to extend it.
Man, just talking about sailing is starting to make it itch. We had some
rain and snow over the weekend and the lake has come back up some. This is real
progress.
I have been looking at paint chips from DuPont trying to land on a color to
paint RumRunner. She was originally blue from the factory, but since I have
black sunshades on the sails, I can go in almost any direction. I have been
toying with painting her either red or yellow. The yellow is a very bright
yellow and certainly would be noticeable out on the lake. What do you all think
about yellow?

Rummy

In a message dated 3/2/2009 10:29:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,