[Rhodes22-list] metal sails

ben benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Mon Mar 2 14:40:40 EST 2009

A friend of mine is a metal worker by trade, and a pretty gifted metalwork
artist by hobby.  He made these sails and rigging as table decorations for a
Mardi Gras ball we attended.  Their float was decorated like a pirate ship.
Being an alcohol-heavy event, I only brought the cheapie camera, so the
pictures aren't great.

http://theskinnyonbenny.com/img/gal/052%20-%20Mardi%20Gras%202009/resHPIM022
1.JPG

http://theskinnyonbenny.com/img/gal/052%20-%20Mardi%20Gras%202009/resHPIM022
5.JPG

I think I'm going to get a graphic designer to make me a logo for Velvet
Elvis (I'm thinking a skull and crossbones, except that the skull wears a
pompadour and the crossbones are guitars), and have Jim make me a set of
sails like this.  I'm thinking that it would look good bolted to my dock, so
everyone knows which boat belongs there while I'm out sailing.

What do you think?

Ben