[Rhodes22-list] Transom Thickness

Daniel Johnson djohnson0671 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:55:56 EDT 2009

I am contemplating making a sculling oar for the Rhodes 22.  Don't like
motors and mine wasn't particularly reliable last year; and I like rowing
anyway.  Here is my question:

What is the measurement on the stern of the Rhodes?  My boat is a couple of
hours away in its slip.  I intend to make a bracket to clamp on to the
transom with an oarlock for use in keeping the sculling oar in place.  How
thick is it?  Seems like it should be somewhere between 2 and 3 inches, but
I obviously can't measure it.  Anyone with their boat nearby who can chack
for me?

Thanks

Dan Johnson