[Rhodes22-list] So about the centerboard

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Mar 20 10:51:31 EDT 2009

Rick,
Good point though I don't know as I've ever noticed safety lines on
any of the lifts around here. There are 11 marinas with a Rock Hall
address though not all have lifts and I haven't been looking.

That being said, we always launch and retrieve our boat ourselves
from the trailer - well almost always - we did have them haul it once
when Hurricane Isabel approached.

These folks are real pros though . While they don't haul boats as
small as ours very often there are some 26 footers that they handle
regularly. As it was they moved it all over the yard and Fred climbed
up on it a couple times both to show them the centerboard controls
(hidden in plain sight) and to replace the pennant. It seemed very
secure. Someone else I showed the picture to gave them high marks for
using the pads to protect the finish on the hull.

A boat is a large heavy object. I'm always in awe watching them move
really big boats around. I'll keep your advice in mind - especially
if we ever have to have it hauled with a coat of grass on the bottom
like we had last year

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD