[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Installation

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Sat Mar 21 22:39:55 EDT 2009

Caesar,

  Davis makes a mega-light that has 15 feet of cord that plugs into a 12v.
outlet. I hang it from the aft end of the boom.It's also a handy little
trouble light to look in the laz. or other unlit areas.I also have a
mast mounted LED anchor light ,but also use the mega lite because I'm on
a small lake and most people out at night are fishing and their
attention is more towards the water than it is 30' in the air.
Bebi electronics(google them) has a couple of neat units that have one
tenth of the amp draw of a regular bulb. If you are planning to mount a
permenant anchor light I would highly recommend a LED one.Besides low
current draw,LEDs are light emitting diodes,and diodes only allow current
to pass one way. Which means you can wire the anchor light and the
steaming light to one pair of wires and control it with a double pole
,double throw switch to reverse the polarity,and light both lights,one at
a time .If this intrests you,I'll be happy to tell you more.I'll try to
post a picture of a light I made out of one of Bebi's LED lights.

Jerry Lowe