[Rhodes22-list] 1st Sail of the Season

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Mar 23 15:35:34 EDT 2009

Mike,
The Kent Island ramps are all county ramps. Here's the Queen Anne's
Cty brochure
http://www.parksnrec.org/images/stories/art2008/QA-FINAL_Boat_Ramp09_Brochure.pdf

Info is available from the MD DNR on all the public ramps in the
state. Try this link. The listings will tell you who operates the
ramp and collects the fees.
http://mddnr.chesapeakebay.net/fish/state2.html This list does not
include ramps operated by marinas.

You'll have to find out about overnight parking from the entity
operating the ramp. I know most of the Kent County (not Kent Island)
ramps where I live do not allow overnight parking but some of them
have marinas right next door where you could make arrangements.

An additional source of information is Maryland Cruising Guide, a
chartbook published by Williams and Heinz.
http://www.whmap.com/cruise.html
In addition to good reproductions of the NOAA charts for the Maryland
portion of the Bay it has listings of marinas with their services.
That list indicates if the marina has a ramp. It also has a distance
table which is great for planning a cruise.

If you don't need the charts, similar info is available in the Guide
to Cruising the Chesapeake Bay published by Chesapeake Bay Magazine
which has good descriptions of popular destinations:
http://www.chesapeakeboating.net  (it's a choice on the right hand side)

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Rock Hall, MD  (Kent County)