[Rhodes22-list] new engine, power tiller?

Tom Hogarty tjhogarty at gmail.com
Thu May 7 06:45:39 EDT 2009

I just installed my new Yamaha high thrust, long shaft 8.  I prefer it to the
9.9 because the rope start is easily accessible  near the top of the
housing, and you do not have to lift the lid off to get at it.  We use the
electric start mostly, but I like belt and suspenders.  It is very good at
low speed in the marina, and the control arm is easily accessible from the
port captian chair.  We have had not problem reaching from there.  I liked
the idea of controls on the tiller, but thought best to keep it simple, and
have been happy with the choice.  Don't forget to get the tiller linkage.
Tom Hogarty