[Rhodes22-list] Blue Heron Gets Beaded

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Sun May 10 11:30:55 EDT 2009

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Lee, the line under the tiller is for a product called "Tiller Tamer"  It
has a knob controlled clutch mounted under the tiller.  I find it to be the
handiest product for locking the tiller or just moderating the tiller
motion.  It gives more bench room than the GBI rail lock, but less room on
the lasserette seat.  Also, to use the boarding ladder, it is best to undo
the line cleated on the ladder side of the transom.  As for the stern rail
cleats, they're just for hanging stuff like dock lines, the main sheet,
whatever.

John L, the hatch was made by Sailing, Inc. in Cleveland.  I think they had
the teak in in stock.  They've were grousing specialty wood is hard to get
these days because there is not enough order volume for the mills in Asia to
run batches.

John S, the glass beads are actually clear.  They are mixed into the
Awlgrip.  The paint that has the beads was tinted so my old eyes can tell
the difference.

Rick