[Rhodes22-list] Puget Sound Fleet Sail

caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 20:54:29 EDT 2009

 Hi Guys,

Here in the inland northwest we are under a freeze watch, and we had three showers of hail so far today, but I understand the West side always have better weather.  Am I correct Dave?

Chris wrote:
... I still am confident that I will be there on the 14th but it might be with my brother and his son rather than my wife.  She would meet us at the end of the week and join me when I go up to Princesses Luisa Sound.

That sounds great Chris.  I wish you all the best with your studies, and we are looking forward to sailing around with you.  It's great to have the opportunity to do my first ocean sail with someone with your experience.

Steve wrote:
Thank you for getting in touch I have been wondering about the plans and where we will be going in the San Juans.  I’m starting to step up the preparations for the trip.  I still have not put my boat into Lake Washington yet and still paying for the slip. I’m developing the tie downs for the gas tanks under the seats in the cockpit.

Caesar's Response
I am learning that it takes time trying to work out what you might need toin order to be ready for the differently eventualities.  I thought about one or two torchlights or a spotlight, I am thinking about a Solar shower, i.e.  a plastic type that you hang in the sun during the day.  Most Marinas have showers, so it would be good to plan to overnight where we can have a shower, and get food and ice etc, if we need to.

Steve Wrote:
I’m not sure where you live since you mentioned Lake Coeur d'Alene .  I use to live in Spokane and folks had a summer home in Post Falls in the 1950s.  We use to water ski from Post Falls to Lake Coeur d'Alene .  We would go boating all over Coeur D’Alene Lake .  My sister still lives in Post Falls .
Caesar's Response:
I live in Pullman, WA; 1.33 hr's drive South of Spokane of 195.  I am two miles from Washington State University.  Gentle Breeze is in a slip at Conkling Park Marina which is located in Worley Idaho, which is 6 miles north of Plummer.  The Marina is at the Southern Section of the Lake.  I will be pulling her out on May 31st.  That gives me two weeks to mess about the boat, and stock up for the drive west on June 14th.