[Rhodes22-list] The future of boat building?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu May 14 08:44:34 EDT 2009

Stan,

I came across this article in R&D Magazine.  They finally resolved the issues of building with carbon nanotubes and claim that this material is superior to fiberglass.

Lightweight boat built entirely of carbon-nanotube prepreg
http://tinyurl.com/r5fp53

The boats can be made lighter and much more efficient use of propulsion, providing nearly infinite lifespan to the material.  Arovex looks like the perfect material for a boat and the solution to every boat builder's problems except one: How does one generate repeat business?  I guess that they never heard of a recycled R22!

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY