[Rhodes22-list] good place to launch on Pamlico?

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Thu May 14 19:37:19 EDT 2009

Hey Rob,
Where were you going to launch in Bellhaven?

We are tentatively going the last full week of June and part of the next
week.  Our plans are to mess around, gunkhole, and enjoy life, so we
don't really have a schedule of events other than to sail to Ocracoke
sometime during the stay.  I've ordered Claibourne's Cruising Guide to
NC and also the requisite charts for the area.  What does a person do
with some of the huge charts on board a small boat?  The one for Western
Pamlico is better than 3ft square.  We've got a Garmin 498 GPS but I
like having paper charts anyway.
Joe