[Rhodes22-list] mini Rhodes fleet action .....

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:04:55 EDT 2009

It turns out the "mini Rhodes Fleet action" was a major TV event in
Cleveland!

While we were down by Burke Airport, channel 8 TV, which is just across the
Shoreway from the airport, took a video of us.  It was probably shot from
their rooftop.

Some friends of ours who saw the video recognized Blue Heron sailing with
the red-hulled Muireann that they saw docked that afternoon at the club.
The video was used to open the weather segment for the 6 PM news Friday
evening.  I tried to find it on the station's video archive on their web
site, but no luck.

Mike, isn't it neat to open the season with 15 seconds of fame?

Rick