[Rhodes22-list] New Rhodes 22 (almost) owner

Alex McKenna alex at brightrhino.com
Tue May 19 12:04:45 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a Rhodes 22 since I moved from Florida to
Connecticut last month, and left my two old sailboats behind. I saw it in
the Sailboat owners survey, where it took First place:
http://s.sailboatowners.com/index.php?option=com_rank&Itemid=80
http://s.sailboatowners.com/index.php?option=com_rank&Itemid=80

I got the free Rhodes from craigslist, and have been working on getting my
trailer up from Florida to pick it up. I have a friend who just moved the
trailer up to Ohio for me, about 600 miles closer, perhaps we will get the
trailer this weekend and pick up the Rhodes soon after. Everything I have
read makes me think this will be a perfect sailboat for our family. My wife
and I have a 2 year old girl and a boy who will turn five in June. We are
looking forward to going cruising up here in the Hartford, Ct area. Since we
just arrived, I know nothing about the area and sailing here. I think this
boat will need a good bit of work to make it ready, I am sure I will be
asking this list for help.

Thanks in advance,

Alex McKenna