[Rhodes22-list] here's one to make your mouth water (non-sailing)

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu May 28 15:29:27 EDT 2009

Ben,

Thanks for sharing.  My former boss was from Argentina by way of Nazi
Germany.  He went on and on about Argentinian beef but by the time I got
around to trying it, Mad Cow Disease closed down all the suppliers here in
Washington, DC.  Don't know if that's still the case but your article makes
me want to check it out.

I have O-neg blood (universal donor) and work at a children's hospital where
I once donated on a regular basis.  Every two months the blood bank would
ask embarrasing questions like if I've had sex with an AIDS-infested
homosexual drug-abusing prostitute.  All of a sudden they started asking me
if I'd had beef from military dining facilities in Europe during the late
70s.  Now I can't give blood because I might have Mad Cow Disease (due to
the Army not prostitutes).  Didn't seem to hurt anybody before.  I don't
enjoy being pricked by a needle but it bothers me that I can't help children
in need.  I guess there's a fine line between safety and stupidity.

Lee