[Rhodes22-list] Introduction

John johnrowland at optonline.net
Sun May 31 21:40:33 EDT 2009

I just want to introduce myself.  I bought Pete Ambrose's 1989 Rhodes 22 last September.  It was named Escape I, and is now named Bankers Hours.  It appears that I am due for bad luck with this boat, as everything went wrong upon launching (motor keeps dying, boom broke off, lost the jib halyard in the rigging)--all my fault.  I have now corrected 90% of the problems--been sailing twice--and love the boat.   I used to race O'Day Mariners (some 20 years ago).  I have met two Rhodes 22 owners--Jay, whjo i believe is a sales rep--and Rob, who is also a member of Brant Beach Yacht Club--in Brant Beach, New Jersey, and raves about the boat.

John Rowland