[Rhodes22-list] It's time to say good-bye to GeoCities

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 09:50:35 EST 2009

Art,

There have been several posts over the years on how to replace the ports.
Best that a person can do is about one port in a day. The process of
removing  the port involves numerous putty knives and wood or plastic shims and a
lot of  patience and persistence. Once the port is removed, the clean up
begins which  can take several hours to remove the old sealant. This is not a
project I would  look forward to. Personally, I prefer the front opening
ports. When properly  closed, mine do not leak and that's after being in there
for twenty years.
The problem with the side opening ports has to do with cabin space when
they are opened and who is going to bang there head against them first. Side
ports give little or no added ventilation, especially if the pop top is
open. If  you anchor from the bow, the front ports will provide much needed air
down  below.
The rains have finally subsided and my football game doesn't begin until
4:15  so I'm going to blow everything else off today and go out sailing.
It's currently 55 degrees and winds out of the north at 3, climbing to 8 by
noon. See ya all later.

Rummy

In a message dated 11/1/2009 8:51:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,