[Rhodes22-list] Google Earth KMZ file

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Nov 9 19:05:55 EST 2009

Chris,

It just sounds like something that should be available.  I'll put it on my
"spare time" list.

We moor in the Nissequogue River, a really pretty and protected harbor 5
minutes from my home.  We are a bit east of Northport and can be in the
Sound in less than 15 minutes, including rowing out to the mooring and
motoring out of the river.  It has been excellent for evening (dinner)
cruises and cruising east or west in the LIS.  For a little adventure, one
can cross to CT, although the trip takes several hours (17-18 nm) and winds
usually prevent a round trip in one day.

My youngest sister lives in Potomac and works fairly close to your office
for the EPA, a stone's throw from the WH.  Maybe the next time that we are
in the MD/DC area we can get together.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Chris Cowie" Monday, November 09, 2009 6:31 PM
Mike:

Sounds like a project for you.  Google does a pretty nice job of making
their products pretty approachable.  Let me know if you come up with any
clever ideas.  I notice your signature includes Nissequongue River, NY, not
too far from my old stomping grounds in Oyster Bay NY.  I grew up in a
neighborhood near the Bayville Bridge and had fun with boats in Mill Creek.
I don't get back to NY very often but have a sister in Greenlawn.  Sailed a
Rhodes 19 with my Dad back in the 60's and explored all parts of the Long
Island Sound.

Christopher P. Cowie

4400 MacArthur Blvd, NW
Suite 300