[Rhodes22-list] Update on Saroj & Pathfinder

Saroj Gilbert saroj at pathfind.net
Sun Nov 15 11:22:42 EST 2009

Hi Rummy... just barely "hanging out"... decided to check in today and clear
out some excess emails...

I'm still in Hampton... about to go down to the marina and see how
Pathfinder fared the storm... pretty wild here for a few days... power out
for 2 days... but on my property just a mess in the yard; no significant
branches fell... but in other areas of Hampton Roads and VA Beach areas,
major flooding and trees down.

I've been in hermit mode for a few years rehabing this house, honing my
trading skills and supporting my Mom.  Starting to raise my head and realize
there is a bigger world to engage in... nearly finished with the house; have
one room left to redo and a number of odds and ends... one thing I didn't
really count on in this rehab work is how customized everything is... the
old mortise locks and other door HW is largely customized... for instance
one striker plate is a different size and shape than the bedroom door right
across the hallway... so it has been a big challenge.

A friend and I did a lot of work on Pathfinder.. especially the CB... but,
alas, the pulleys broke and now the CB is down and can't be lifted.  The
port lights need resealing and the screens must be replaced.  I'm thinking,
due to my poor boat repair skills, to take her down to Edenton for an
overhaul... still mulling it over.

Nice to see you are kicking and active (so to speak).... thanks for the
welcome.

Saroj