[Rhodes22-list] Flag placement?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Nov 17 16:49:44 EST 2009

Hi Greg,
We fly the US Flag on a stainless pole that mounts on the stern rail.
It's nice because to bring the flag in you can just detach the pole
from the rail mount and bring the whole thing in for storage.
See the picture in the link:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200408/02/fretlesssailing.jpg

We also have a flag halyard to the spreader that we use to fly our
sailing association flags. The hole in the spreader isn't a big deal
if there is a bolt in it. We used a couple of small bolts to attach a
small block and use very lightweight line because we are just flying burgees.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD