[Rhodes22-list] Loading boat on trailer

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 17 18:08:50 EST 2009

OK, Rob.

Sorry, I did not recognize the boat name and speculated that the trailer was a non-Triad.  Centering my former O'Day 222 onto its trailer correctly, even with the keel guides in use, was always a monumental headache.  I would make some simple suggestions for those non-Triad units.

SOP in loading the R22 onto a Triad is CB down.  The trailer can be too deep on the ramp, ergo keel perched on a keel side rail?  I usually pull the trailer out slowly enough to see if the boat begins to heel when coming up the ramp, backing off and recentering if it does.  My side rails (a custom non-Triad, generous space separating the side rails) have not had this problem with CB down.

Art