[Rhodes22-list] Best Stuff to clean your boat

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Nov 18 21:37:55 EST 2009

Greg,
Are you asking about cockpit cushions? If so, the factory cushion are
(I think) a Phifertex mesh (vinyl encapsulated polyester). They are
by far the best cushions and covers I've ever had on any boat. The
foam is closed cell so it doesn't absorb anything. The covers drain
and dry quickly and are not very hot after sitting in the sun.
Because of the mesh, they don't feel as sticky as vinyl when you are
hot and sweaty. Ours are blue and hardly show any dirt or wear after
12 years and I don't believe they were brand new when we got them.
They do have vinyl piping around the edges and that is starting to
wear but we should get several more years out of them before we have
to do anything.

Here's a link to the sail-rite page on phifertex:
http://www.sailrite.com/Categories/Seat-Upholstery

I'm not sure if it is Phifertex or Phifertex Plus. I suspect it's the
plain Phifertex.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD