[Rhodes22-list] Sail removal

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Nov 21 20:10:25 EST 2009

Actually if I remember a previous exchange here on the list, Chris
has a CDI furler. I've only seen the workings once but it strikes me
that it would be much easier to remove the sail while the mast was
up. If it's the CDI, he needs to figure out the "messenger line" part
of it. The manual is on the web.

When we lived in PA we had the good fortune of being able to store
the mast hanging from the rafters in the garage. The last 3 winters
since we've been in MD, we've stored it on the boat. It seems to me
that the main is a little dirtier than it was but we've never had it
off and are now thinking of replacing it. We do make sure that it is
stored with the slot facing down and that it is covered. We switched
from a GBI furler to a Schaeffer Snap-Furl a couple of years ago so
removing the jib is no problem so we do that even though the boat is
covered for the winter.

Mary Lou