[Rhodes22-list] Edenton visit

sail tds.net sail at tds.net
Thu Oct 1 20:31:57 EDT 2009

Bill,

I belong to a club in Gulfport and have both a dry slip and a wet slip.  The
Rhodes goes on the hard in threatening weather such as hurrican warnings.
While I am in NH I will also use the dry slip with the mast down and all
four corners well secured.  Contact me off line if you wish and we can
discuss the possible way to find you a place while you are down here.

As far as the route I took:  I let Mr. Garmin direct me on my vehicles GPS.
About 780 miles from General Boat to my place in Seminole.  Approximately 13
hours towing time.  The roads are good except for a stretch in S. Carolina
on 95.  The left lane comes in handy during this stretch. Also, if you are
at the junction of 301 and 10 during rush hour times continue on 10 to 75
and avoid the hypotenuse.  The extra miles are worth it.

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM, will davidge <wpdavidge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ron
>
>     In 2 mounts we will are taking the same trip .At least the part
> of it . After stooping in Edenton we are going to Clearwater Beach.
>    I was wondering what you can tell me about what route you took and
> what would  you change .?
>     Now for the big question How did you find a place to dock your
> Boat ? I have been looking on the Internet but so far I have not had a
> lot of luck.
>

> Bill Davidge
> S/V Shadow
>

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM, sail tds.net <sail at tds.net> wrote:
> > I just arrived in FL with Serenity in tow after stopping in Edenton for
> some
> > minor tune up issues.  As usual Stan and Rose were the perfect hosts.  I
> am
> > eternally grateful for Stan's wise counsel with reference to the
> Rhodes-22.
> > One might say that this was a "smooth" (for Rummy's sake) experience.
>  I'm
> > anxious  to get her in her slip and do some winter Gulf sailing.  By the
> > way,  the mainsail required the furling line to have two more turns
> around
> > the drum and the appropriate amount of sacrificial cloth is now in the
> mast
> > when I furl the main. Easy, when you know what to do.
> >
> > --
> > Fair winds,

> > S/V Serenity
> > Gulfport, FL