[Rhodes22-list] Additional Boat Show Report

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Oct 14 08:46:07 EDT 2009

Hank,

...and that bulb keel would be fun to dig out everytime you went aground.
No seatbacks, standing headroom, or furling main.  Very few cruising
amenities and none of the Rhodes bells and whistles. Most important, you
could buy a small fleet of Rhodes for the price of one Sensei.  You can't
trailer it to the plant in Turkey and I couldn't afford to pay someone to
maintain all that teak covering the deck and cockpit.  But then I guess you
don't buy a Ferrari for its comfort and practicality.

Although Stan would never put a cheap looking contraption like that boom
kicker/vang set-up on one of his boats!  I mentioned that to the builder but
he didn't seem very appreciative.

Lee