[Rhodes22-list] Was Sunday Sail: Now electric motor lift

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Wed Oct 28 08:44:01 EDT 2009

Lee,
So the bar is something that is added as part of the lift install and is attached to the slide and runs in the same tracks as the slide?  I assume then that the bar is attached to the slide and when the bar is lifted, it pulls the slide up? If this is indeed the case, is the bar firmly attached to the slide so that it cannot shift from side to side?  Having not seen the lift nor having any idea what Stan intended, I'm wondering if the bar really needs to be that long.  If it's only function is to pull up the slide, then why does it have to be long enough to fit in the tracks?

Rummy
You added the lift, thoughts?

- Rob (with the engineer in me poking through)