[Rhodes22-list] It's time to say good-bye to GeoCities

sail tds.net sail at tds.net
Thu Oct 29 18:48:46 EDT 2009

John,

Thank you for your work on the Geosites.  I for one have spent many hours
reviewing and still refer to that site for info.  Have you installed the
lift yet?  We've been in FL for several weeks now and have spent much time
with our R-22 sailing in the gulf.

Fair winds,

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity
Gulfport, FL

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:35 PM, John Lock <jlock at relevantarts.com> wrote:

> GeoCities.com is officially dead and I think I have most (if not all)
> of the "Blew Skies" site saved on rhodes22.org.  Page links have been
> changed so you probably won't see much difference.  However, I haven't
> gone thru all the pages or run a link checker to see if I missed
> anything.  If you see any problems with that part of the website,
> please let me know ASAP.
>
> Cheers!
> John Lock
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
> Lake Sinclair, GA
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> On Oct 8, 2009, at 07:43, Michael D. Weisner wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > Did you download the GeoCities based Rhodes site (
> http://www.geocities.com/blew_skies/)?
> >   We will need to be able to replicate it (host it locally) since
> > Yahoo is pulling the plug this month (It's time to say good-bye to
> > GeoCities http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10370193-2.html )
> >
> > I downloaded the webpages just in case.  It's only 4.5mb.  For the
> > time being (until the material can be rearranged) can we just create
> > a copy on your server and link locally instead of to geocites.com?
> >
> > Mike
> > s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
> >       Nissequogue River, NY
> >

> > --
> > I am using the free version of SPAMfighter.
> > We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
> > SPAMfighter has removed 1190 of my spam emails to date.
> > Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len
> >
> > The Professional version does not have this message

Fair winds,

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity
Gulfport, FL