[Rhodes22-list] It's time to say good-bye to GeoCities

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Sat Oct 31 23:03:40 EDT 2009

Bob,

My recycled boat already had opening ports and Stan recommended that I change them out for closed ports.  I didn't want to spend the money, wanted the ventilation, and figured I could change them if they started leaking.  I should have listened to Stan.  I never use them for ventilation.

A fellow Rhodie lost one of her covers when the Genoa sheet yanked it off and the same thing almost happened to me, so I started putting the covers on and off everytime I went out.  What a hassle.  After several hundred on-and-offs the snaps broke.  Now I leave the covers off but have to sponge out the ports everytime it rains.

Interesting, they're the only ports that don't leak.

I like Art's idea about sealing the ports with silicone.  It seems like it would work but if it does, why does everyone reset leaking windows?

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD