[Rhodes22-list] The magic of electricity

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Sep 8 12:58:04 EDT 2009

Ben,

I am with you all the way on "moron factor" elimination.

I was simply responding to the fact that you had your boatyard replace a
"failed" battery already and thought that it sounded like there was
something destroying your batteries that needed attention.  Otherwise, yes,
check fuses, wires, etc.

You should probably develop some basic electrical troubleshooting skills so
that you are not at the mercy of some "marine electrician" by purchasing Don
Casey's very well written book, "Sailboat Electrics Simplified" (Amazon, $15
hardcover,
http://www.amazon.com/Sailboat-Electrics-Simplified-Don-Casey/dp/0070366497)
and an inexpensive digital multimeter (RadioShack, $30, #22-813,
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103176&tab=summary).

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY