[Rhodes22-list] Update Re: Out and about this weekend - Chesapeake

R Orkin roryorkin at verizon.net
Tue Sep 8 17:13:34 EDT 2009

It updates every 10 min or so
If you want the every 4 second version try
http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?units=english&station=KMDTILGH2

Here is more data if you are interested with some charts of prevailing wind
speed and direction
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMDTILGH2
Enjoy

Mary Lou Troy-2 wrote:

> Wow! Much more than a "little useful".
>
> That is wonderful. How often does it update? I love local weather
> stations - they are so helpful - especially if you know where they
> are. Didn't know you had one. Our favorite (because it is local to
> us) is Steve Belcak's (http://www.belcak.com/) which is right up on Swan
> Creek.
>
> You are right about this storm being unpredictable. We'll see what
> conditions are like (and what the predictions are) tomorrow before we
> decide on our next move.
>
> On the other hand we may have to stay another day - I haven't had my
> ice cream yet.
>
> Mary Lou
>

> At 04:07 PM 9/8/2009, you wrote:
>
>>Seems like the weather is holding back for now.. This is a very
unpredictable
>>storm.. Great wind today though.. We do that Oxford run often and with a
>>little wind it is really a short hop..
>>Here is a link you may find usefull.. It is to my weather station with
radar
>>and forcasts.
>>Will give the wind and wind direction on a real time basis ..
>>http://mysite.verizon.net/roryorkin/index.html
>>

>>Mary Lou Troy-2 wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Rory,
>> > We sailed down to Tilghman and Knapps Narrows Marina on Sunday and
>> > had a mildy rowdy Happy Hour with the Swan Creek Sailing Association
>> > Sunday night. It was only mildly rowdy because most of them were out
>> > late doing Kareoke at Harrisons the night before but the hors
>> > d'oeuvres were so good we didn't need dinner. Had a nice sail
>> > slightly reefed on Monday down the Choptank to the Tred Avon. Looked
>> > west and saw your boat on its lift but it was too much of a lee shore
>> > for us to venture over that way.
>> >
>> > Anchored in Plaindealing Creek (off the Tred Avon) last night. Nice
>> > spot. Winds were 10 knots or more most of the night. I do like the
>> > way the Fortress dug in and held. I'm starting to gain some
>> > confidence that I know when it is set. We were snug and dry. A couple
>> > of rain showers but nothing heavy.
>> >
>> > We listened to the weather forecast and decided to spend the day in
>> > Oxford so we are here at Mears Yacht Haven where the WIFI is good and
>> > they put us in a slip in the lee of the office in case it gets really
>> > windy. Not very windy yet. I'm beginning to think they've overreacted
>> > again but we'll be prudent and wait and see. One nice thing is that
>> > when we pulled up to the fuel dock here we were met by a couple of
>> > friends from Rock Hall who we didn't know were going to be here.
>> > They've rented a car so we made plans to go out for dinner tonight.
>> >
>> > Tomorrow? Who knows? We'll play it by ear but right now, plans are to
>> > make it back to Knapps Wed. or Thurs. depending on conditions and
>> > then head for Tilghman Cr. or  Rock Hall on Thurs. or Fri. We'd like
>> > to be back in Rock Hall by Friday.
>> >
>> > It's been a great cruise so far, even if the weather (or is it the
> [...]

-----
Rory Orkin
Tilghman, Md
2000 Recycled  Rhodes 22