[Rhodes22-list] Custom Tarp

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Sep 9 13:42:28 EDT 2009

Hey Shulick You Dummy,

Don't you even know what you pay for storage Sheesh!!!
The Admiral has advised me we only pay $250.00 for 5 months at the mine and
then 50/month after that
we also pay for a 26' boat rather than a 22' (mast is longer than boat)

Sometimes I wonder about you

Me

Rick

 If you're going to try to cover the boat and not touch anything you'll need
some sort of framework to stand the tarp off from the boat. I'm thinking
3/4" PVC pipe maybe 3 10' sections bent into hoops and held together with T
fittings to run some stringers between the hoops and use 2' lengths of rebar
pounded into the ground at an angle to slide the hoop legs onto. Up size to
20'X40' rectangular cover and rope it to the ground I've been covering pools
in Pittsburgh for 20+ years with these things and the higher quality ones
are pretty tuff. It's the stand off structure thats going to be a problem
when the wind starts. By the way don't you live in or near Cleveland?
Perhaps considering the time trouble and cost for all this may I suggest
parking the boat indoors for this winter while the paint cures? I keep my
boat in a limestone mine in Wampum Pa. (2-3 hr. tow for you) The fee is
about $385.00 for 5 months storage. The boat WILL get dusty in there but
sitting out the winter in relatively constant temps and humidity dosen't
hurt.

John S