[Rhodes22-list] Treasure Island - part two

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Wed Sep 9 22:19:55 EDT 2009

At 8:45pm , the grandsons,Caeden--4yrs old ,and Thomas--2yrs old,came
bounding thru the door,wearing their life preservers and dragging their
swim vest.Niki (Mom), said we would have been here sooner,but it took a
little time to rip the PFD off of Thomas ,so he would fit in his car seat
to come here.We soon got to find out for ourselves,as bedtime came,but a
bribe of grandma's cookies was an effective lever.
 Oh,yeah, Grandma read part one after I posted it last night,and thought I
went a little heavy on the Grandma,who will hereafter be known as my
darling wife(MDW)!
 The next morning ,I was mugged in my bed by 2 PFD wearing boys who wanted
to know if I always got up before the sun came up.A quick breakfast,while
MDW packed the picnic lunch,and then we were off to the lake,which is
about 35- are we there yets -away. Upon arrival,MDW dropped me off the at
the dock with a bag full of goodies,and then parked the car and walked
back to the dock with the boys to give me a head start to tie a thread
attached to a miricle whip jar to the dock ,so it would drift behind
Country Rhodes.MDW and the boys came down the dock and jumped in the
boat.I put both boys up on the port seat looking aft and holding the
stern rail ,while I readied the motor and took off the tiller cover,eagle
eye Caeden spotted a bottle in the water just after I finally pointed and
said " what is that". Caeden said "I don't know,but I'm not touching IT."
As I reached for the jar,I thought to myself " My , this is going well".
Once the jar was inside the boat,the boys became fearless,and a fight
ensued to see who would open the jar.The jar opened, the map laid out
,and the note read,I declaired "I think I'll be a pirate today,who wants
to be a pirate?" Both boys agreed,once I broke out the pirate hats MDW
keeps on the boat for just such occasions.Caeden put on his hat,grabbed
the map and said lets go grampa.Thomas put on his hat,took off his
hat,stumbled down into the cabin and proceeded to flip every switch,turn
every knob,and unstow everything that was stowed.I sighed and pulled the
starter cord.
The pic are,in no  real order,the boys chomping at the bit to go,The
jar,and pirates unlimited.