[Rhodes22-list] My First Mate Mr. Darcy

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Mon Sep 28 09:37:30 EDT 2009

Rob:

Our two daughters have been after us for several years to get a dog, we promise we will take care of him, walk him etc....  They did a bunch of research, narrowed down the search to an easy going easy to maintain friendly dog.  Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, big name for a little dog.  The girls made a pretty convincing presentation and we finally caved in and got the dog two years ago.  I insisted on a boy dog to try and even out the girl boy thing.  Mr. Darcy comes from the Jane Austen character who is included in Pride and Prejudice and other Jane Austen books and movies the girls enjoy.  As far as walking the dog my fitness routine improved about 2 miles a day two years ago and continues with no relief in sight.  Other than my first mate Mr. Darcy my sailing trips are solo. He's a good first mate and takes me on walks every day.

Christopher P. Cowie

4400 MacArthur Blvd, NW
Suite 300
Washington, DC  20007