[Rhodes22-list] Saga of the Annapolis trip

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 29 21:12:06 EDT 2009

Rummy,

I'm certain that corrosion played a big part, judging from the condition of the caliper pistons and the caliper shells.  They apparently stayed in the braked position when the pads should have retreated away from the rotors.  Oh, so much simpler with no brakes - but does SC permit no brakes on your boat?  Ga now requires full brakes on both axles.

The rear seals were soundle on the bearing with no distortion.  The front 'seal' is really only a cap, which blew out under pressure.

Artemus