[Rhodes22-list] Looking for a Rhodes 22 near Northern VT

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:15:21 EDT 2010

Eric,
While my VT is not near your VT (I'm at Virginia Tech), I do have a 1976 Rhodes Continental with standard main.  It takes us about 1.5 hours each to rig and de-rig. But that's for bringing it out of and putting back into winter storage.  I pull off the motor, fuel tanks, all the cushions, etc. each time which takes longer.  But if you can minimize all that you will speed up your times.  Having a check list to go by helps tremendously.  I am in the process of developing ours which should help.  Right now everything is from memory and I'm the one directing all the actions so it takes longer.  With a checklist the kids can be raising the mast while you load the cooler (or maybe it's the other way around).  If you're raising and dropping the mast frequently, I would suggest you look into the mast raising system.  I don't have it yet but am really considering it, and I only rig once or twice a year.  I expect you could get rigging times down to an hour if you plan it right. - rob

Rob Lowe
S/V Getaway
1976 Rhodes 22