[Rhodes22-list] A new boat in the fleet

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Wed Apr 21 21:18:36 EDT 2010

Frank:

So you are now officially a member of the fleet.  The planning is over and
your new boat is in her slip.  It sounds like you went with the 9.9 and
added a power tiller.  I have been pleased with my 8 hp and instead of
adding the power tiller I went for the tiller pilot this season.  The ST1000
Tiller Pilot was installed last week and I plan to take her out for sea
trials this Friday.  I single hand sail most of the time and look forward to
and extra hand at the tiller during those 8-10 hr sails on my weekend
overnight adventures.  Did you have stan install an anchor bow roller or do
you plan to add this feature?  I remember you mentioning this might be a
nice feature to have exploring the potomac river.  Let me know how you like
the James Creek Marina.  I drive past your marina as I cross the S Capitol
street bridge on my way to Herrington Harbor in Deale Maryland.  I am
getting together with my Dad in Annapolis tomorrow for our six hour lunch
taking his twin screw legacy across the bay to Kentmore for crabs if the
weather cooperates.  I hope to get permission from the admiral to go for my
first overnight trip of the season this Friday and Saturday but also need to
keep an eye on the weather.  Looks good for Friday buy might be some storm
action Saturday afternoon.