[Rhodes22-list] Equipment query

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 21:45:55 EDT 2010

Jerry:
Great advice, thanks.
Joe

--- On Sun, 4/25/10, cjlowe at sssnet.com <cjlowe at sssnet.com> wrote:

From: cjlowe at sssnet.com <cjlowe at sssnet.com>
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Equipment query
To: "The Rhodes 22 Email List" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Date: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 4:25 PM

Joe,

 Some things you might want to think about now are how you are going to
use your boat. Will you overnight on the boat ,some,alot,not at all? If
you plan to overnight alot,a LED anchor light will help extend the
battery budget.(if out on the hook)
  Will you trailer or take a slip? If you choose a slip,will it have
electric? If not, you will need a solar panel or two depending on your
wattage appitite. If you have electric,you'll need a shore power
hook-up,and most likely a battery charger.
  In N.C., a bimini is almost a must,and if you overnight much, a poptop
is a really sweet.You can still sail with either or both deployed.
  Some things are best left for Stan to do at the factory,like the captain
seats(the stern rail needs modified or changed.) Shore power,solar
panels, power outboard lift, might fall into that group,also.
  One thing I like is a cheap GPS, if only to see what a sail trim gets
you in speed.

Jerry Lowe