[Rhodes22-list] Thanks for the warm welcomes

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Wed Apr 28 15:35:05 EDT 2010

I can't really remember how long she was submerged.  8+ weeks, I'm sure.
The mast stayed connected to the shrouds and chainplates, but it was broken
about 2/5 the way up, and then the broken off top part was all twisted and
tangled in the shrouds.  Perhaps the fore stay, with the furler/genny came
disconnected, but none of the stays did.

Back then, I didn't have a trailer.  Now, no one will cover me for
hurricane, so I keep a trailer as my insurance policy.  Pulled her out for
Ike and Gustav, but didn't really need to.

I'm sure with my luck I'll haul her back to Baton Rouge for a hurricane,
where a tree limb will crush her, while her slip sits unharmed.